Sihl premiered various new media at SGIA, including:
• Sihl 3166 ClearStick clear film with adhesive for aqueous inkjet printers; a 2-mil polyester film with an optically clear inkjet coating on the image side and an optically clear, repositionable adhesive with a thin opaque, white polyester release liner on the reverse side. Applications include P-O-S, event signage, and digital packaging prototypes. In 24- to 50-in. widths.
• Sihl 3182 Latex Backlit film compatible with HP Latex inkjet printers; a dimensionally stable 5-mil polyester film with a Latex ink-receptive matte top coat and a light-diffusing coat on the reverse side; can be used for short-term outdoor lightbox applications and does not require lamination. In 36-, 50-, and 60-in. widths.
• Two new white polyester films, 3198 Instant Dry Block-Out and 3199 Instant Dry White film for solvent, UV and Latex inkjet printers. Sihl 3198 is a 7-mil polyester film with a glossy instant-dry, ink-receptive layer designed to produce photo-quality, high-definition images; available in 36- and 50-in. widths. Sihl 3199 has the same unique ink receptive layer as 3198 but on a thinner, more economical 5-mil white polyester film base without the block-out layer on the reverse side; available in 54- and 60-in. widths.
• Sihl 3516 PolySol Pop-up 12- mil display film, compatible with solvent, UV, and Latex inkjet printers. A thick, dimensionally and color-stable polyester film with a textured satin print surface and a gray light-block layer on the reverse surface, for ultra-durable pop-up displays; 36-in. widths.
• Three new inkjet canvas products for use with aqueous inkjet printers, including Illumina Gloss Canvas 3185 (19-mil), Illustra Satin Canvas 3186 (19-mil), and Irradia Matte Canvas 3184 (15-mil). All three are available in widths from 13 to 50 in.
• Sihl 3176 QuickStick self-adhesive vinyl for aqueous inkjet printers; a 4-mil pressure-adhesive-backed media designed for a strong initial bond and zero residue after removal; in widths from 24 to 50 in.
• Sihl 3183, a 7-mil satin photo paper designed for printing on solvent, UV, and Latex inkjet printers. See November issue, pg. 31.
Printvinyl Scored Print Media
New Printvinyl Scored wide-format print media features an easy-to-remove scored liner for creating decals, product stickers, packaging labels, and more. The precision-scored liner, with a 1.25” spacing on a 60” roll, guarantees a seamless and hassle-free removal process.
Interior Décor2 weeks ago
Wallcoverings Showcase Power of Digital Print
Beyond Décor: Rachel Nunziata3 days ago
Rising Rentals Drive Removable Wallcovering Resurgence
True Tales2 weeks ago
Shiny Object Syndrome
Press Releases2 weeks ago
Vycom Recycling Keeps Printing United Expo Green
Press Releases2 weeks ago
SAi Promotes Eyal Friedman to Lead International Sales Team
Press Releases1 week ago
How Dino Zoli Transforms Textiles
Workflow + Software1 week ago
Global Graphics Software SmartDFE
Products: Vinyl Wraps + Graphics1 week ago
General Formulations Cast Laminates